Quick FOTD with Low-End only Products


Recently my camera was out of commission but I did a FOTD that I really liked so I tried my best (and kinda failed) to capture it on my phone's camera.  In my recent attempt at trying to use my products a bit differently and inspired by a "touch of gold" theme, I went for a bit of a different look to what I normally do.



Here I am, pre-makeup, looking a bit ghostly!  My skin is a lot less red than usual since adopting a new routine, I've also had a lot less random breakouts and my skin is a lot more hydrated.  One downside is that I've noticed an increase in closed comedones around my jawline, still trying to find the culprit >: (


Closed eyes so you can see the shimmery eyeshadow.  I've used Australis' ACME cream shadow in Bronzonce which looks super lovely but I had a little trouble working with it.  I found that when I packed the product on for a more opaque look, I couldn't get it to set/settle and the minute I started using my eyes for their normal functions, it'd transfer and leave big ass patches all over my lids.  I think this products works best in very thin layers as a shimmer in the inner-eyes or brow bone at most.  It's a real shame because the colour is lovely and when used lightly really doesn't show it off.



Here's a list of the products I've used:
  • Garnier Perfect Blur Base
  • Bourjois Happy Light Serum Primer
  • Bourjois Healthy Mix Gel Serum in #51
  • Hard Candy Glamoflauge in Fair (was once my Holy Grail concealer, but now I'm not so sure, it's been really unfriendly to my skin lately)
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent
  • Australis AC On Tour Contouring & Highlighting Kit
  • Bourjois Blush in Rose Frisson
  • NYX Eyebrow Cake & Pencil in Auburn
  • Essence Eyebrow Gel
  • Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Liner
  • Natio Pencil Eyeliner in Black
  • Australis ACME Cream Shadow in Bronzonce
  • Heroine Make's Long & Curl Mascara
  • Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stain in Adore (I haven't been using these as much lately which is stupid because they're AMAZING)

No comments:

Post a Comment