Magical Halo Long Lasting Lip Gloss Review

Not too long ago I did 2 reviews on the MeNow branded Long Lasting Lip Glosses both here and here.  If you've read them then you know I'm a pretty big fan of these products.  Mostly because they cost no more than $2, have a decent colour range and last until the cows come home.

I went on a bit of a hunt on eBay to see if I could find more shades and I managed to track down a listing that had such a beautifully vibrant purple shade and a deeper red.  I was a little disappointed on how orange-toned the red one I received by MeNow was so I wanted something a bit cooler in tone.  (If you're looking to buy one of these, just search for Matte Velvet Lip Gloss and sort by the cheapest shipped to you!)

These arrived in the mail a little while ago and I was surprised to see that they weren't actually MeNow branded but had Magical Halo printed on them as the brand instead.  Other than that, I haven't noticed any real difference to the formula or packaging.  They come in the same tube, have the same smell and consistency, just different shades.


First up is shade #09 - the numbers on these shades do generally differ to the listings that are MeNow branded so keep that in mind when making a purchase (since #09 in the other kind is a bright coral-red).  Pretty much the same tube as you can see.  I'm still a bit irked about the tiny handle vs long lip gloss tube but that's a very minor issue.

This photo is a little washed out but the shade is actually a very vivid bright purple and opaque with one layer.  I'm actually really impressed with how well this colour performs as it's rare to find good performing purples for so cheap.  This lasts hours on me and is quite beverage proof.


This is shade #33 which looks a little warm in this image but it's a much cooler toned red than the previous one I had.


Once again, just one layer and fully opaque with the one coat.  I'm really pleased with both of these and they only cost me $1.00 each with $0.15 shipping!

There's not really much I can say about these that I haven't already said in my previous reviews but I just wanted to share my ongoing good experience and some swatches!  Thanks for reading :)

3 comments:

  1. I'd love to see a review on the lip pencils they have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know they had any lip pencils! Did you have a link for them? I'd love to check them out sometime (and probably do a review)

      Delete
    2. Oops nevermind, I found them. I'll purchase a couple since they look interesting and see how they go :D Thanks for the heads up on them!

      Delete